Friday, October 18, 2013

*The Turn of the Screw is meant to be a horror story, so naturally this book has very frightening and surprising events. One event that really startled and confused me was in chapter four; a man was seen by the governess looking through the dining room window. The governess then goes outside to confront this man but when she gets to the window the mystery man has disappeared. I thought this was so creepy. He surely was not supposed to be there. I started to wonder why he was there, who was he, and what did he want or even who did he want? I guess I’ll have to keep reading to find out. Throughout the book, I notice a recurring theme of vision or sight. We do not know if the governess is actually seeing ghosts or just imagining them. There was an idea that things are not always as they appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment